? Songshan Mountain, where Shaolin Temple is located, belongs to the Funiu Mountain range in the eastern part of Qinling Mountains. It is near Zhengzhou in the east, Luoyang in the west, Yingshui in the south and the Yellow River in the north. It consists of Shaoshi Mountain and Taishi Mountain. In the early 198s, the performance of the film "Shaolin Temple" starring Jet Li shocked the reputation of Shaolin Temple, and almost everyone knew it.
? This imitation Ming and Qing architectural complex is the service center of Shaolin scenic spot, including Shaolin Kung Fu Teahouse, sword and frock direct sales, ticket office, tourist complaint office, Shaolin restaurant and so on.
? The Shaolin Temple was founded by Pagoda, and Dharma was handed down to Buddhism. After several ups and downs in more than 1,5 years, the monks gathered and dispersed many times. At the time of prosperity, temples were expanded, temples were added, and temple production increased, with more than 2, monks; During the decline, Buddhism was destroyed, monasteries were destroyed, and monks were sent away, leaving only a few monks. In March, 1928, the monks of Shaolin Temple helped Wu Peifu to stop the Shi Yousan of Feng Yuxiang's department, which was not only defeated by Shi Yousan's department, but also burned the Shaolin Temple. Most of the temples of Shaolin Temple were burned, only the temples such as the Thousand Buddha Hall, the Dharma Pavilion, the abbot's room, the mountain gate, the Tibetan Hall and the Baiyi Hall were preserved, and countless treasures of the temples were also burned. Most of today's buildings were rebuilt after liberation.
? "Shaolin Wushu, Human Heritage" carved stone, located in the center of the square road. It was written on July 6th, 24 by Jiang Zemin, then Chairman of the Central Military Commission, accompanied by Cao Gangchuan, Vice Chairman of the Military Commission, Li Keqiang and Li Chengyu, the top leaders of Henan Party and Government, when he came to Shaolin Temple. The stone used for stone carving is the oldest granite-green rock in Songshan with a history of 3.6 billion years.
"Songshan Shaolin" stone archway, with four pillars, three doors, the seventh floor and the top of the temple. The inscription on the front door of the archway: Shaoshan Shaolin; The foreheads of the left and right times are: Wulin resort and Zen ancestral hall; Couplet of two pillars in the middle door: one hundred generations of clothes and bowls bear one flower and five leaves, and the front of a thousand years of mountains and rivers takes four waters and three cities; The couplets on the outer pillars are: the resort is destined to listen to the rain, and Shaolin is everywhere. The words on the stone workshop are all Mo Bao of today's calligraphers.
? On the back of the "Songshan Shaolin" stone archway, the foreheads on the left and right sides are: the creation of the Pagoda and the Mahayana resort; Couplets of two pillars in the middle gate: a reed crossed the Yangtze River for nine years, and two ancient temples in the mountains visited ten places. The couplets on the outer two columns are: incense and a treasure temple, and Guanhe Wan Li Arch Mountain.
? Shaoxi River, also known as Shaolin River, is located on the south side of Siqian Square. It flows 2 or 3 meters in front of Shaolin Temple, and rushes out of Songshan to become a tributary of the ancient Yinghe River, and finally flows into the Huaihe River. There is a single-hole stone bridge on the Shaoxi River, named Shaoyang Bridge.
? Ancient Stone Square in Ming Dynasty, located on the west side of the square in front of Shaolin Temple, is a single-story building with two columns. It was built in the thirty-fourth year of Jiajing in Ming Dynasty (AD 1555), with the front inscription "Mahayana Resort" and the left and right columns connected as follows: Heart Passing Ancient Cave, Yan Dongxue holding his knees; Face to face with the peak, the quiet night wind smells the sound of Jin Sheng. On the back, the title is "Song Shaochan Forest", and the couplets are: Shuangshuang Yujing, Bicheng Cold Soaked for a Thousand Autumn Moon; Six or six mysterious peaks, green and light, even thousands of clouds.
Dongshifang in Ming Dynasty was built in Jiajing period of Ming Dynasty. Its shape and sculpture are basically the same as Xishifang. It was built in the 23rd year of Jiajing period of Ming Dynasty (AD 1544). On the front, there is the inscription "The ancestral source is true", and the two columns are connected. On the front, it is: the earth is in the sky, and the famous mountains in the four seas are the first; Heart rumors, ten methods to teach is Zuyuan. The title on the back is "Pioneering by Postscript Tuo", and there are no engraved couplets on the square columns on both sides.
? The gate of Shaolin Temple was built in the 13th year of Yongzheng in Qing Dynasty (AD 1735) and rebuilt in 1974 according to the old system. Three rooms are wide, two rooms are deep, with red walls of Zhumen, painted arches, a single eaves resting on the top of the mountain, covered with green glazed tiles, and located on a blue brick platform more than two meters high, with 17 vertical stone steps in front. There is a round hole window with a diameter of more than two meters between the left and right sides of the mountain gate. The plaque hanging above the mountain gate, the word "Shaolin Temple" is Kangxi's imperial pen, and the six-character seal of "the treasure of Kangxi's imperial pen" is engraved above the middle of the plaque, which was awarded by the imperial title in the forty-third year of Kangxi (AD 174). It has been more than 3 years. This plaque was originally hung in the Heavenly King Hall. Before the mountain gate was built, the Heavenly King Hall was originally used as the mountain gate.
? Around the gate of Shaolin Temple, there is also a eight-character wall connected with Yemen. On the west wall, there is the inscription "Mahayana Resort", and on the east, it is the "Zen Ancestral Court". The black official script characters are lined with yellow background color, and the surrounding is the Zhu color of the wall, which is very eye-catching.
? Shaolin Pharmacy, located in the west of the mountain gate, was established as early as the Jin and Yuan Dynasties, mainly considering the diagnosis and treatment of monks in the temple and the surrounding people as the main business. In 24, Shaolin Pharmacy was re-established, with departments of bonesetting, acupuncture, acne, internal medicine, pediatrics, temple medicine, etc., and some pills, powders, ointments, Dan, medicinal liquor and temple medicine with "Shaolin Pharmacy" as the registered trademark were introduced.
? Located in the east of the mountain gate, Shaolin is a brand store of Shaolin culture, which mainly deals in the products of meditation and martial arts developed by Shaolin Temple, provides vegetarian food mainly with vegetables, tea and drinks, and offers experience courses of Shaolin Zen and martial arts culture. It is a comprehensive commercial organization under Shaolin Temple. On the left and right sides of the ticket door are a pair of couplets: Taomi is doing its best, and moving firewood and water to see Zen.
? Entering the mountain gate, facing the shrine is a smiling Maitreya Buddha sitting cross-legged, holding a rosary, bare chest and abdomen, while on the back of the Maitreya Buddha shrine is the protector Galand Wei Tuo Bodhisattva, who is dressed in armor, with her right hand rested on her hips and her left hand leaning on the ground with a diamond pestle. From Wei Tuoyi's standing posture with a pestle on the ground, we can see the attitude of Shaolin Temple towards the monks who come to the temple to hang up their bills: just eat, no matter where they live, and don't receive the monks who come to hang up their bills.
? Hammer spectrum hall, located on the west side of the first courtyard of Shaolin Temple, was originally named Dharma Xilaitang, also known as the west courtyard of Shaolin Temple. Originally founded by monk Zhen Xi of Shaolin Temple, it is one of the eighteen halls around Shaolin Temple in modern times. In 1928, it was set on fire by warlord Shi Yousan. In 1985, it was rebuilt and expanded into a long-corridor quadrangle. Later, a new Dharma ancestor hall was built in the courtyard for the statue of Dharma ancestor. There are 215 statues of hammer spectrum displayed in the promenade of Hammer Spectrum Hall, which show the origin, development, essential routines, the battles of monks and soldiers and martial arts activities of Shaolin Wushu.
? Ciyun Hall, located on the east side of the first courtyard of Shaolin Temple, was formerly known as Ciyun Temple. It was built in the 25th year of Emperor Kangxi of Qing Dynasty (AD 1686) and rebuilt in 1984. After 2, a pavilion-style hall "Guanyin Pavilion" with double eaves, lattice doors and windows and two floors was built in the center of the courtyard. A statue sitting on a thousand lotus flowers was enshrined in the pavilion hall, with a height of 5.8. There are more than 1 stone inscriptions in the inner corridor of the courtyard, which are highly accomplished in calligraphy, painting and sculpture.
? The Temple of the King was originally the mountain gate when the Shaolin Temple was built. In the 13th year of Yongzheng in the Qing Dynasty (AD 1735), the Shaolin Temple was instructed to build a new mountain gate, and the original mountain gate was converted into today's Temple of the King. The Temple of the King of Heaven, with 5 rooms in width and 4 rooms in depth, has three doors: the front, the middle and the back, which should be the three-door structure when it was used as a mountain gate. The left and right sides of the main hall are also opened with single-room doors with hard-mountain glazed tiles.
? Two generals, Hum and Ha, stood in the left and right compartments in front of the temple, all naked, glaring and horrible. One has indigo skin and the other is red and brown; A right hand pestle, a right hand on the pestle; One shuts up and grunts, and the other opens his mouth and breathes. It is said that they can capture the enemy under their hands between grunts and grunts, so they are called the two generals of grunts and grunts. Perhaps they were forgotten here after the completion of the new mountain gate.
? Above the middle gate, the plaque of "the first ancestral court in the world" is hung high, which is the imperial pen for Qianlong. The plaque is inscribed with "Imperial Pen", and there is also a round and two-printed Qianlong stamp below.
? Passing through the middle gate, there are four statues of heavenly kings on the left and right sides of the main hall, namely, the King of the East, the King of the South, the King of the West and the King of the North. The Four Heavenly Kings, also known as the Four donkey kong, are the protectors in Buddhist legends.
? Between the Mountain Gate and the Temple of the Heavenly King, there are many kinds of steles on the east and west sides of the mountain gate tunnel, with 11 passes in the east and 13 passes in the west, which are called Shaolin Temple stele forest. These steles are famous original steles since the Tang and Song Dynasties.
? The bell tower, located in the second courtyard of Shaolin Temple, is slightly south of the east side of the Ursa Major Hall, with three rooms in width and three in depth, four floors up and down, ten feet high and a pavilion-like building. It was built in the fifth year of Yuan Shundi Zhizheng (AD 1345) and rebuilt on the original site in 1994 according to the old system. The clock was cast in the fourth year of Taihe, Jin Zhangzong (AD 124). It was made of iron. When it was recast according to the prototype in 1995, it was made of copper, with a height of 2 meters, a mouth diameter of 1.7 meters and a weight of 6.5 tons. On the Buddha platform on the first floor of the bell tower, an iron statue of King Earth Treasure and Bodhisattva was enshrined, which was 1.75 meters high, dressed in cassock, with bare chest and slightly closed eyes.
? The height and shape of the Drum Tower are the same as those of the Bell Tower. It is located in the south of the west side of the Ursa Major Hall, opposite to the Bell Tower. The Drum Tower, formerly known as Runwheel Pavilion, was completed in the fourth year of Yuan Dade (AD 13). When the Shaolin Temple was renovated in the 13th year of Yongzheng in Qing Dynasty (AD 1735), the rebuilt Runwheel Pavilion was renamed "Drum Tower" because it had a huge drum upstairs. The Drum Tower was also destroyed by fire in 1928, and it was rebuilt in 1996 ~ 1998.
? The stele gallery, located on the east side of the tunnel in the temple, is a rich treasure house of calligraphy art, with 124 pieces of stele meters from Shaolin Temple since the Northern Qi Dynasty.
? The statue of the monk in the cloth bag is said to be the incarnation of Maitreya, and its prototype is the monk Changting in the Five Dynasties. When he died, he left a sigh: Maitreya is really a Maitreya, and it is always shown to the world, and the world does not know it.
The Shaolin Temple Monument in Qianlong Lodge, written by Aisingiorro? Hongli wrote when he stayed at Shaolin Temple on September 3th, 15th year of Qianlong: Look at Zhongyue tomorrow and stay at Shaolin tonight. The heart is pure according to six Zen, and the temple is deep according to thousands of mountains. The ancient style of the tree leaves the sound, and the earth spirit becomes cloudy in the evening. I should teach Banyan Rain and send me songs at night window.
daxiong hall, the main building of Shaolin temple, is also called the three major Buddhist halls, together with the Heavenly King Hall and the Sutra Pavilion. It is impossible to know when it was founded. The original building was burned in a fire in 1928 and rebuilt on the original site in 1984. Five rooms are wide, four rooms are deep and 19 meters high. The reason why it is called Daxiong Hall is because it is dedicated to Sakyamuni, and its German name is "Daxiong". In the center of the temple is the Tathagata Buddha of Sakyamuni, the past Buddha and the Oriental Pure Glass World Pharmacist Buddha on the left, and the future Buddha Amitabha on the right.
? The Buddhist Scripture Pavilion, formerly known as the Buddhist Temple of Shaolin Temple, was founded from the Yuan Dynasty to the Zhengnian period, about 1345 AD. The original building, together with precious Buddhist scriptures and precious cultural relics, was completely burned in the fire disaster during the warlord scuffle in 1928. In 1992, it was rebuilt according to the original system, with five rooms in width and three in depth. It is a magnificent hall with green tiles, arches and cornices, carved beams and nine ridges resting on the top of the mountain. A giant white jade reclining Buddha, 7 meters long and weighing 16.5 tons, is enshrined in the niche, which was presented by the Buddhist Yang Guangfo of Myanmar in 1997.
? Behind the Sutra Pavilion, the terrain is prominent, and the whole abbot courtyard is built on the high platform, which is the fifth courtyard of Shaolin Temple. The abbot's room, sitting in the north and south, is five rooms wide and three rooms deep, which is the place where the abbot of Shaolin Temple lives and directors. On September 3th, 15th year of Qianlong (AD 175), when Emperor Qianlong visited Songshan Mountain, he used the abbot's room as his palace to stay in the temple. In front of the abbot's room stood a round bronze tripod with three legs and two ears. At the eastern end of the corridor, the abbot's room was hung with an iron clock of the Yuan Dynasty.
? In the abbot's courtyard, a few-foot-high Cooper and a thick Lingxiao are tightly intertwined, forming the phenomenon that Lingxiao and cypress are folded together.
? Lixue Pavilion was founded at the latest in the Jin and Yuan Dynasties. The existing building was rebuilt in the seventh year of Ming Zhengde (AD 1512). It is a single-eave palace-style building with three rooms in width and three rooms in depth, with a total height of 8.829 meters. Built on a 2-foot-high stone abutment, surrounded by stone fences, there are 27 vertical stone steps for going up and down. Lixue Pavilion, formerly known as Chuzu Hall, is also known as Dharma Pavilion. It is said that Lixue Pavilion was originally the name of the pavilions on both sides of the ancestral hall, but later the two pavilions were completely destroyed, and the plaque of Lixue Pavilion was moved to the ancestral hall, so the ancestral hall became today's Lixue Pavilion.
? Shaolin bookstore
? Manjusri Hall, located on the east side of Lixue Pavilion, is far opposite to Pu Xian Hall on the west side. Rebuilt in 1985, it sits in the east and west, with three rooms wide, which is a hard mountain building with a porch in front. The temple is dedicated to the statue of Manjusri Bodhisattva riding a green lion, and there are two statues of boys on the left and right. Manjusri Bodhisattva, Guanyin, Dizang and Pu Xian are also called the four great Buddhists in China, with Wutai Mountain as its Dojo.
Pu Xian Hall, located in the west and east, is three rooms wide, with the same architectural shape as Manjusri Hall. Bodhisattva samantabhadra is enshrined in the temple, and Mount Emei in Sichuan is its Dojo. The White Elephant, the mount of Samantabhadra Bodhisattva, has six ivory tusks, which is a symbol of Pu Xian's willingness to be broad and complete in merit. Samantabhadra Bodhisattva is the representative of Mahayana Bodhisattva, symbolizing the spirit of Mahayana Buddhism, and is also called "Hua Yan San Sheng" with Buddha and Manjusri Bodhisattva.
The Western Hall of Sages, also known as the Hall of Thousand Buddhas, is the last building in Shaolin Temple. Seven rooms are wide, three rooms are deep, more than 2 meters high, with red walls and blue tiles, five ridges and two slopes, and a large-scale hard mountain building with a bucket arch. Founded in the 16th year of Wanli in Ming Dynasty (AD 1588), it is the largest existing building in Shaolin Temple. The western sage is the honorific title of the Buddha in the Buddhist circles. Because the Buddha came from the west, the hall is called the Pilu Hall because it is dedicated to the three-meter-high bronze statue of the Buddha of Sakyamuni. It is also called the Thousand Buddhas Hall because it is painted with a large-scale mural of the Ming Dynasty, "Five Hundred Arhats Facing Pilu".
? Liuzutang, sitting in the west and east, has three rooms in width, five rooms in depth, five ridges and two slopes, and a single-eaves hanging mountain-like imitation of Yuan Dynasty architecture. The original building was founded in the sixth year of Jintaihe (AD 126). The present building was rebuilt in the foundation of the original temple in 1983. From left to right, the Six Ancestors Hall is dedicated to the statues of five bodhisattvas, namely, the Great Trend Bodhisattva, Manjusri Bodhisattva, Guanyin Bodhisattva, Samantabhadra Bodhisattva and the Earth-treasure Bodhisattva. On the north gable are the statues of the first ancestor Dharma, the third ancestor Sancan and the fifth ancestor Hongren, while on the south gable are the painted statues of the second ancestor Huike, the fourth ancestor Daoxin and the sixth ancestor Huineng, which show that the six ancestors of Zen worship the bodhisattvas.
? All beings in the temple
? Gongde water, the boiling water room in Shaolin Temple, provides boiled water for tourists.
? The sitting room is a place to receive guests.