Major events in time: In 1871, the Christian Methodist Church established a church in Chongwenmen, Beijing, and attached a elementary school to teach the "Bible" and the "Four Books" to four students. In 1885, with the increase in students, on the basis of the elementary school
The "Huali Academy" was established, with various halls for erudition, preparation, adult education, and elementary school. All important courses were mostly taught in English. In 1888, the university was established and renamed "Huiwen Academy" to "integrate the essence of Chinese and Western cultures."
meaning.
It is divided into liberal arts, science, theology, medicine, art and other subjects. In 1890, twelve American philanthropists met in New York, USA, and decided to establish the school in the United States. They specially recommended several people who studied in China to organize the school's board of directors. In 1900, Huiwen College was burned down in 1902.
In 2001, the American Church expanded its campus to more than an acre in Chuanban Hutong, Chongwenmen Nei, and renovated the school building. In 1904, it built Ande Hall, which was used as a lecture hall.
It was named Ande to commemorate the former president Dr. Li Ande. In 1905, the school was renamed "Beijing Huiwen University Hall" according to regulations.
Mr. Houde from the United States donated a building to be used as a student dormitory and named it "Houde Zhai". In 1912, the first year of the Republic of China, the school was renamed "Huiwen University", with more perfect scale and equipment. In 1913, Mr. Gao Lin from the United States donated a building.
, used as a student dormitory, named "Gaolinzhai". In 1914, the board of directors moved to merge the university. In 1918, Huiwen University merged with North China Union University and was named "Yenjing University". The original site was reserved for the university preparatory and secondary school departments, named
"Huiwen School" In 1919, progressive students of the school held high the school flag and were the first to arrive at Tiananmen Square to participate in the "May 4th" patriotic movement. In March 1926, according to the regulations of the Ministry of Education, the school was officially handed over to Chinese sponsors, a patriotic democratic educator who returned from the United States.
Dr. Gao Fengshan Dr. Gao Fengshan became the principal, and the school was reorganized. All staff were mainly Chinese, and the organization and curriculum were in line with the educational trends of the times. On March 18, in the "March 18th Massacre", students Tang Yaokun and Xie Kan died heroically.
Sacrifice; in November, the underground party branch of Huiwen Middle School was born in the struggle.
Martyr Peng Xuefeng was appointed as the head of the party branch at that time. In April 1927, the school's name was changed to "Jingshi Private Huiwen School"; the school's motto was "Wisdom, Benevolence and Courage". Later in 1929, Mr. Cai Yuanpei wrote an explanation for it, which read: "Eager to learn"
It is close to wisdom, action is close to benevolence, knowing shame is close to courage." This book was given to Huiwen Middle School.
Principal Gao Fengshan proposed the idea of ??“whole-person education”, which laid the foundation for Huiwen’s century-old development.
Change the "Bible" course from a compulsory course to an elective course and then abolish it.
And establish the school logo and school flag.
In 1928, during the Northern Expedition, the school was renamed "Beiping Private Huiwen School".
In autumn, all junior high school students were organized into Boy Scouts. In 1932, the secret organization "Social Science Alliance" was established and the Communist Youth League was established.
In February 1946, Dr. Gao Fengshan took charge of the school again. In September 1952, the private Huiwen Middle School was officially taken over by the Beijing Municipal People's Government and renamed Beijing Municipal No. 26 Middle School.
Principal Gao Fengshan still takes over his original position.
In 1954, the school youth league committee and student union invited Comrade Wu Yunduo, the "Chinese Paul", to give a report to the entire school. He spent seven hours speaking on the entire content of "Dedicate Everything to the Party."
The activity of striving to create a hero class was launched. In 1956, the school was designated as one of the ten key schools in Beijing. In 1959, due to the construction of Beijing Railway Station, No. 26 Middle School moved from Chuanban Hutong in Chongwenmen to No. 6 Peixin Street, Chongwenmen.
A new site was built in 1970. The school was identified as one of the first batch of window schools open to the outside world. In 1978, No. 26 Middle School was designated as one of the key schools in Beijing. In 1983, Comrade Wang Lijin was appointed as the principal of No. 26 Middle School.
The school was rated as an advanced collective in the education system of Beijing. On September 9, 1984, the school completed the monument to revolutionary martyrs and the stone statue of martyr Peng Xuefeng.