This park belongs to Anton Koehler? Ller) and his wife helene Kroehle-Miller (Helene Kr? Ller-Müller) was built. As a successful businessman, Anton bought the property on 1909. The introduction of wild animals and the construction of hunting grounds and fences were not completed until 1923. The hunting house is called "Jachthuis St. Hubertus" (Dutch), named after St. Hubertus, and designed by the outstanding Dutch architect Hendrik Petrus Berlage. Helene, an art collector, began to build a museum in the park.
Due to the poor economic situation, the construction of the museum was forced to stop, and the couple found that they could no longer keep the park. 1935, these art collections were donated to the Netherlands, which then built the Koehler-Miller Museum. The park was transferred to a foundation, which received a loan from the state.